Business Phone System Support
Setting up and using your phone
Norstar offers training in a variety of methods, to best suit the way your users prefer to learn. We can provide on-site training or web training and we also provide a wealth of Quick Reference Guides and Quick Tip Videos that can be referenced at any time.
Our multi-step process installation and implementation process includes:
- Number Porting and Equipment Delivery
- Plug & Play, pre-configured devices
- New Customer Set-up including Call Flow
- Network Design and Testing
- Dedicated Project Management
- And more!
Porting & Number Management
Polycom Data Sheets
- Polycom VVX 500 Data Sheet
- Polycom VVX 400 Data Sheet
- Polycom VVX 500 Quick Start Guide
- Polycom VVX 400 Quick Start Guide
- Polycom VVX 500 Admin Guide
- Polycom VVX400 Admin Guide
- Polycom VVX 300 Series Data Sheet
- Polycom® VVX® Business Media Phones
- Polycom Soundstation Data Sheet
- Polycom Soundstation Quick Start Guide
Polycom User Guides
VoIP Phone Accessories
Polycom Video Tutorial
Yealink Data Sheets
How do I activate my Phone?
- Connect the phone to your Internet connection using the provided cable.
- Connect the phone to the power supply.
- Wait for phone to boot up; your phone may reboot multiple times to download the newest firmware.
For additional instructions or how to set up certain features, please refer to the Setting Up and Using Your Phone section.
Quick Start Guides
- Calling User Portal – The Basics
- Calling User Portal – Office Anywhere
- Group Voice Portal Quick Reference Guide
- UC-One Enterprise Portal Data Sheet
- BroadSoft Partner Configuration Guide
- Voice Portal
- Administrator Guide
- Cisco Webex® Online Support
- UC-ONE Communicator Guide
- Special Calling Features Quick Reference Guide
In most cases you can keep your existing phone numbers and transfer them to your Norstar account
To initiate the process, we will need your authorization. Download the Telephone Number Porting Form and e-mail the completed form and a copy of your previous provider’s bill to email@example.com
Please note: it may take up to 30 days for the transfer to complete. Do not cancel your current provider until your transfer is complete.
What are the bandwidth requirements
Each active call requires approximately 88 kbps up/down of bandwidth from a DSL, Cable, T1, or Fiber broadband connection
Can I use my existing phones
You will need a VoIP compatible office phone to use Business VoIP phone service. If you don’t already have VoIP compatible phones installed in your office, you can choose to purchase or rent phones from Norstar for as little as $6.99 per month per phone. Installation is easy with Norstar’s plug and play VoIP phones. Phones are delivered already configured. All you need to do is plug them into an existing Internet connection and power supply, and you can begin to make and receive calls immediately.
What does E-911 Compliant mean?
Norstar Business VoIP is E-911 (Enhanced 911) compliant, a helpful free feature that provides customers with reliable 911 services (where available). 911 calls are routed to designated Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) such as your local or county police, fire, and rescue departments.
Web Portal User Guide
- You can control your calling features and phone’s functionality through Norstar’s Business Voip Web Portal.
- To learn more on how to configure popular calling features, download the Web Portal User Guide.
- Control all aspects of your organization’s telephony features with just a few clicks
- Manage and monitors everything from call flow, to user information, to hunt groups, auto attendants etc.
- Make moves, adds, and changes with no hassles, no calls to vendor and no fees
- Set and reset voicemail passwords, and so much more
Installing UC-ONE App
Instructions – https://www.uc-one.help/
User Name : Your broadworks user ID
Password : The password you were supplied
Document downloads & References
- Multi-level VR
- Music on hold
- Dial-by-name directory
- Multi-site management
- Call monitoring
- Call logs
- User templates
- Audit Trail
- Hot desking
- Caller ID
- Directory listing
- Automatic all Recording
How to basics.
Locating your ip address
- Press the menu button. It looks like a piece of paper with a folded corner.
- Press 9 to select “Network.”
- The second line will display the “Current IP” address of that particular phone
- Press the ”Menu” key to the right of the handset.
- Select option 2 for “Status.“
- Select option 2 for “Network.”
- Select option 1 for “TCP/IP Parameters.”
Can I Make calls if my internet si down ?
No, a power or broadband service outage will prevent all service from working, including the ability to dial 911 and receive emergency response. In order to have backup access to 911 and/or emergency services, you must maintain another phone line, whether landline or cell phone, for emergency services
Do I need special equipment ?
All you need is high-speed Internet (broadband connection), and a VoIP phone. If you don’t already have compatible VoIP phones installed in your office, no problem! You can choose to purchase or rent phones from Norstar for as little as $4.99 per month per phone. Phones plug directly into your broadband connection and operate just like a regular traditional telephone.
What is the difference between a PBX and a Hosted PBX?
In order to understand what hosted PBX is, let’s define what a PBX is and how hosted PBX is different. A PBX (Private Branch Exchange) includes both the hardware and software that directs calls between a company’s phones and public switched telephone network. Instead of purchasing and using costly traditional landlines to make and receive calls, hosted PBX (Business VoIP phone system) uses the Internet to transmit calls. This eliminates the need for costly hardware and equipment, as well as IT support, space and maintenance.
Can I make international calls?
Yes, but you must enable the international dialing feature. To activate this feature and for rates, please call 1-888-755-7776.
Service Level Guarentee
Norstar Cloud Admin Training