Connect Your Campus with Trusted IT Solutions
Because of our extensive experience working with colleges, universities, community college systems, and specialty educators across the country, Norstar is a partner of choice for institutions of higher education. We understand the unique demands of technology-savvy faculty and students.
At Norstar we have helped several different higher education clients gain the most value by looking at all of their expenses at once. These solutions include video conferencing, Managed Wi-Fi services, Ethernet, Internet for schools, and school phone systems. Plus, with our state-of-the-art infrastructure, E-Rate discount program, and 24/7/365 customer service, you will have everything you need to foster a superior classroom experience in a tech-driven world.
- Transform the learning environment for students, faculty, and administration alike. With innovative technology solutions, you can securely connect users to critical resources for collaborative learning—on campus and off—and provide convenient services, create new revenue streams, and protect the campus community. Norstar unified communications enables instructors to provide real-time, one-on-one mentoring and enriched learning experiences for their students, collaborate with colleagues on their campus and around the world.
- Whether you're managing a small college or a huge multi campus university, Norstar Internet, voice, data, and cloud services can be tailored to fit your exact needs — and budget. Because of our vast experience in working with educational institutions, we're quite familiar with the process. So we can help you put together a solution that's both comprehensive and affordable.
- Colleges and universities across the nation rely on Norstar for connectivity that powers distance learning, e-learning, and virtual universities. From single campus schools to multi campus universities, we’ve helped educational institutions unify voice services, connect to vital cloud applications and enable critical communication, all while providing ample bandwidth to students and staff. We are an experienced partner, and we’re ready to help guide you through the process. Norstar offers enterprise-class reliability so you can be sure that key personnel can be reached immediately, and that your phone systems will never go down, even in natural disasters. Norstar Unified Communication enables instructors to provide real-time, one-on-one mentoring and enriched learning experiences for their students and collaborate with colleagues on their campus or around the country.
- Fast, uninterrupted, and secure IT solutions designed to meet the expectations of today’s student body. Our integrated IT and security solutions support your higher education facilities and deliver the services and safety that today’s student population requires. Compliance, 24/7 system monitoring, the latest encryption, security protocols and updates are all handled by Norstar in the cloud without disrupting operations.
- When students need to share large files with professors and others or access streaming files, Norstar’s high- bandwidth, low-latency network enables that transfer as quickly and transparently as possible. Plus, with Norstar’s bandwidth bursting, you’ll always have capacity when you need it most. We make it easy for local campus buildings or departments to be connected to other campus locations or other facilities. With products like Metro Ethernet and our Trunking Solutions, sharing information is quick, simple and secure.
- Norstar has been developing privatized, secure voice and data networks for the education industry since 1997. You can rest assured your students’ data and your network are well protected.
- Ensuring personal files and records, whether they’re stored onsite or in the cloud, stay out of the hands of prowling cyber criminals.
- Record lectures for students to watch later on-demand.
- Enabling communication and collaboration capabilities which were once seen as “nice-to-have” but are now essential to productivity and the safety of students and faculty. From campus-wide communications systems to advanced Internet and mobility solutions for dorms, we understand the unique needs of IT compliance and performance at universities.
Equip your classrooms with modern education communication solutions designed to fit your campus’ needs.
VOICE – Cloud Phone Systems
Norstar cloud phone system is a powerful collaboration tool that combines all of your business communications in to a simple and easy to use application. Connect your staff and faculty with a cloud-based phone system that offers voice, video, texting, presence and chat capabilities. Norstar Desktop provides:
- Internal Instant Messaging
- Audio Conferencing
- Integrated Softphone
- Personal Presence
- Unified Communications
- IP Fax Solution
- Hunt Group
- Video calling
- Auto attendant
- Integration with Your CRM
- Receptionist Console
- Music on hold
- Call Control
- Built-in business continuity
- Speech-to-Text Voicemail
- Desktop/Screen Sharing
- Call Recording
- Find Me/Follow Me
- Voicemail to Email
- Support / 99.999% service reliability
- Receptionist Console
- Advanced Fortune-500 features
- Over 50 calling features
- Smartphone apps
- Call Center Solutions
- Secure and compliant
More IT Services
- Robust Cybersecurity with a Focus on Ransomware
- With managed security services, schools can benefit from constant oversight and 24/7/365 service.
- Transform broadband internet into an enterprise-grade secure WAN for quality performance that’s optimized across applications.
- Extend a Local Area Network with Ethernet Transport and connect sites with a Wide Area Network to provide better internet access, or converge voice, video and data services over a single connection.
- Technology to Accommodate Secure, Hybrid Learning.
- WIFI for secure network and Internet access anywhere on campus
- IP-based video solutions to connect remote students with on-campus resources.
- Scalable, secure Internet Access.
- Reduce costs with managed IT and stay within budget.
The growing importance of the internet and digital learning technologies to Colleges and Universities requires the use of secure networks for delivering the courseware to its primary users. Norstar’s data security methods and security platforms will detect and mitigate threats in a timely manner. The security of your organization’s data, as well as the security of your network, is sacrosanct. As a managed security services provider, we can help your organization Assess, Protect, Detect, and Respond to threats. We can provide risk mitigation analysis, as well as a complete security solution. Norstar works with our higher education clients to deliver a truly secure network solution by integrating with our Firewall-as-a-Service and Unified Threat Management (UTM). Firewall as a network security system acts as the first line of defense in protecting the users against inappropriate and harmful web content. Norstar’s Managed Firewall Services are designed to ensure network security by preventing malicious web traffic from accessing your resources. Firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection, encrypted communication, and virtual private networks are all tools which we don’t hesitate to use and recommend for your complete security. This enables your organization with DDoS protection, traffic filtering, Unified Threat Management (UTM) and much more, from risk assessments, DR and business continuity planning, threat detection, to end-user awareness training and compliance consulting, Norstar has a host of services available to ensure your security.
- Managed Firewall
- Managed Detection and Response
- Endpoint Security
- Disaster Recovery and Backup Solutions
- Unified Threat Management (UTM)