K12 & Schools
We work closely with you to define and design the best
solution for your needs.
Norstar works with schools and school districts to support next generation technologies, allowing the schools to focus on education instead of telecommunication services. For more than 23 years, Norstar has been a leading provider of E-rate funded telecommunication services to K-12 schools. We understand your needs and we have the experience to provide you with best telecommunication technologies in the market place suitable to your needs and budget. From K-12 through to post-secondary, today’s schools are under relentless and unprecedented pressure to deliver enhanced support to students, staff and parents, while they constantly find smart, strategic and sustainable ways to reduce costs, increase efficiencies, and drive growth. In light of these critical challenges, it is not surprising that a growing number of public, private and charter schools are switching from a conventional landline phone system, to an advanced hosted VoIP system.
We understand schools and libraries need access to advanced technology and digital tools for learning. Being an education partner, we understand the need for high-speed networks and high-quality content to prepare all students and patrons for success in a global economy. Our team of experienced educators and technicians is dedicated to delivering a wide array of services and technical support that meet the unique needs of each classroom and library.
More K–12 customers trust Norstar with their voice communications than any other hosted provider on the market today. Norstar specializes in delivering simple, cost-effective communications solutions customized for schools like yours.
Technology continues to drive the bandwidth requirements for K12 through Higher Education. New and innovative teaching methods are allowing students to experience the world through the classroom. Norstar is committed to delivering high bandwidth services to the schools in our markets with %99.99 reliability and superb support. Also, with Norstar’s Conferencing, you can connect up to 200 participants in video meetings with screen sharing.
Whether you're managing an elementary or secondary schools, Norstar Internet, voice, data, and cloud services can be tailored to fit your exact needs and budget. Because of our vast experience in working with educational institutions, we're quite familiar with the E-Rate process. So we can help you put together a solution that's both comprehensive and affordable.
As an E-Rate service provider with experience supporting educational institutions throughout the United States, Norstar’s Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) solution can provide the fiber-based, high-speed bandwidth your educators, administrators and students need, all backed by stringent Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Schools across the nation rely on Norstar for connectivity that powers distance learning, e-learning, and virtual classes. From single schools to entire districts, we’ve helped educational institutions unify voice services, connect to vital cloud applications and enable critical communication, all while providing ample bandwidth to students and staff. We are an experienced E-Rate partner, and we’re ready to help guide you through the process.
Allocating the resources within school budgets requires a careful balancing of prudent resource management against optimizing student success. Fortunately, like a business, a school district can benefit when it follows tried-and-true budget management strategies to manage its money, such as cutting costs and improving productivity. Investment in unified communications as a service (UCaaS) offers every school district the opportunity to achieve both of those business goals.
Maintain school communications even during an outage.
WE SCORE HIGH IN RELIABILITY, SPEED AND SECURITY.
We Ensure Redundancy and High Availability
For K-12 Schools Norstar provides Category 1 E-Rate eligible hosted telecommunications to the education. Here are just a few benefits:
- Connect to Every Classroom
- Custom Prompts
- System-Wide Paging
- Faster services, better connectivity
- e-learning and distance-education initiatives
- Secured communication
- Connect schools and resources for best utilization
- Connect your staff and faculty with a cloud-based phone system that offers voice, video, and chat capabilities.
- Deploy gradually or quickly and scale users or features up or down as needed.
- Virtual Fax to email Increased efficiency.
- Increased efficiency – Host faculty meetings across multiple buildings or campuses easily.
- Our UC solution integrates with most customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Lower monthly costs.
- Centralized Management.
- Deploy a scalable and reliable Internet connection across your campus network and connect multiple campuses and buildings with reliable bandwidth.
- Multi-Site Compatibility Lower monthly costs
- Avoid network downtime by deploying Always On backup solutions.
- Emergency Notifications
- With 99.99% Network uptime your school will never miss a beat.
- Support professional development of teachers for mobile learning
- Our secure and highly scalable networks provide on-demand access to data and can connect multiple schools, campuses, and buildings with a reliable connection.
- Easily communicate with faculty, staff, parents and students & eliminate fees for long-distance calling, SMS, video, voicemail and other advanced calling features.
- Automatically send alerts by email, SMS or voice when a critical event occurs.
- With our mobile communication and collaboration solutions, teachers and administrators can quickly and easily initiate conversations with colleagues, students, and parents at home or on campus.
Invest in the technology your students and staff deserve. Get the most reliable and economical cloud solution for your organization by contacting our Government/Schools specialist. Our comprehensive service comes with complete setup and maintenance, not to mention free moves, adds, and changes. Administrators can manage the system from any computer with our web-based portal.
Receive discounts of 20% to 70% with government E-rate program.
To better educate your students, Norstar can offer your school or library a variety of services that are eligible for the federal government’s E-rate discount. This program offers substantial discounts (from 20% to 80%) on many of the internet and telecommunications services provided by Norstar.
Learn more about the E-Rate program.
Specific solution for education:
We integrate smart classroom technology so you can arm your students with 21st century skills.
- WIFI for secure network and Internet access anywhere on campus
- IP-based video solutions to connect remote students with on-campus resources
- Pro audio and video projection systems to enhance learning environments