Secure, reliable email, file sharing, voice and essential IT services to maximize productivity while helping to assure client confidentiality.
Everything legal pros need for success
Our Compliance and Security plan includes high security email, file sharing and web application security tools that increase productivity, project a high degree of technical competence and also conform to the security and regulatory requirements of different client industries.
Reliability. Mobility. Simplicity.
Norstar specializes in providing law firms with tailor made solutions in communication, security, and network infrastructure. Your firm needs a reliable system and an excellent support team that can easily adapt to your environment, consistently maximizing your firm’s success. When it comes to secure networking, data discovery and retention, the needs of today’s modern law firm are uncompromising. For the last 22 years, Norstar has helped law firms of all sizes face these challenges.
Security- No industry is safe from cyber-crime. The mass of knowledge collected in e-discovery systems can be very enticing to hackers. Now more than 25% of all CLOs agree security is extremely important. A law firm’s IT system not only needs to be robust enough to handle all that data, all those files, it’s also got to provide the security required to make sure you don’t unwittingly cause a mistrial. Streamline client scheduling and law office operations. Cloud communications services, and managed networking are simpler and less expensive than in-house options. Share and remotely access case materials over a secure connection. Norstar private networking and security services consolidate your locations onto a single secure private network.
Mobility- Scalable Cloud Communications from Norstar enable an unprecedented level of mobility with features such as Find Me – Follow Me, automatic call routing, remote voicemail access from email, and presence monitoring. Mobility features such as voicemail transcribed as email help attorneys stay up to speed on cases and clients without disrupting court sessions. Route calls efficiently with Virtual Receptionist, your firm can create easy routes to an associate’s extension. You can add on-hold music and set different rules for weekdays, weekends, court dates and holidays. Norstar managed services offer law firms management of their entire IT lifecycle for greater productivity with a single point of contact for enhanced productivity, cost savings and ultimately peace-of-mind. Our legal IT support services handle any technology issues you face within minutes so you can focus on the matter at hand.
Reliability- Norstar always guarantees 99.999% uptime. And Our network is protected with Continuous Monitoring.
- Unified Communication
- Record and archive calls
- Provide detailed call reports and dashboards
- Business continuity
- Better Compliance
- Internal Instant Messaging
Currently serving law offices of all sizes in North America, we understand the challenges that face independent law offices as well as larger, distributed legal teams.
Norstar Unified Communications:
- Advanced Fortune-500 features
- Collaboration tools
- Secure and compliant
- Smartphone apps
- Find-me, follow-me call forwarding
- Norstar provides law firms with world-class collaboration tools.
- Need to video conference together with your partner in another office, your client, and your paralegal? Norstar One Unified Communications does that. You get video conferencing, screen share, and instant messaging & presence in a single app. It’s a professional phone system that offers more than 50 calling features
- Call Recording lets you capture depositions and important discussions for later playback or transcription
- Easily operate a ‘virtual’ law office or outsource tasks to contract assistants, paralegals, and transcriptionists. Norstar One was designed for virtual teams.
- Make it easy for clients to reach you. Give out one number. Cloud-based UC works on laptop, tablet, or mobile phones.
- Streamline client contact. Auto Attendant and other advanced call management features give clients seamless contact with you and your team.
- Professional image whether in meetings or in court. With Virtual Receptionist, Norstar can route callers to the right department or individual. You can easily build menu options like “Press 1 to schedule an appointment” and or press 2 for accounting and Norstar will automatically route the caller.
- Deliver all voicemails as email, allowing for the data storage policy and e-discovery process appropriate to your specific needs. Norstar Visual Voicemail transcribes client or colleague messages to text and sends them to your email on your smartphone.
- Bringing secure Instant Messaging to the law practice.
- With Cloud Unified Communications and Cloud Voice, attorney and support staff can use simplified extension dialing, regardless of state, country, time zone or office location. Your staff is reachable even when visiting clients or traveling.
- Affordable cloud communication reduces costs. Our voice customers report saving up to 50% compared to traditional on-premises phone systems.
- It’s simple to check call volume, activity and duration. You can even access detailed call records by extension or account.
- Improve productivity and enhance collaboration between lawyers and clients with features like audio and web conferencing, video calling, instant messaging and presence, file and desktop sharing, and more.
- Scalable Cloud Communications from Norstar enable an unprecedented level of mobility with features such as Find Me – Follow Me, automatic call routing, remote voicemail access from email, presence and chat.
- Cost Savings
- Team Collaboration
- Advanced Features
- Mobile Communication
- Easy to Use
- Professional Image
- Security & Compliance
A typical office phone system will not meet the demands of busy professionals who communicate from multiple locations via desk phone, mobile phone, voice mail, fax, email, IM and web conferencing. Instead, what’s needed is a system that unifies these communications, so critical information can flow seamlessly across phones, computers, locations, and digital devices—no matter where in the world they might be. Norstar Desktop is a powerful collaboration tool that combines all of your business communications into a simple and easy to use application. Norstar Desktop provides:
- Internal Instant Messaging
- Integrated Softphone
- Unified Communications
- Video calling & Conferencing
- Audio Conferencing
- Personal Presence
- Call Control
- Speech-to-Text Voicemail
Work productively from virtually anywhere on any device using your business phone number.
Scale up or down according to your needs.
Leave the management and maintenance to us.
Provide detailed call reports and dashboards.
Record and archive calls- Record and store calls on the fly, or as a policy for training and review.
Modular and scalable.
Premium features include: Unlimited local and long distance, video calling, SMS texting, instant messaging, mobility, presence, Voicemail to Email, Hunt Groups, Auto Attendant and one-click conferencing plus many more features (50 Total) integrated into a single application.
Need to video conference together with your partner in another office, your client, and your paralegal? Norstar Unified Communications does that. You get video conferencing, screen share, and instant messaging & presence in a single app.
Voicemail Transcriptions – Have your voicemails converted to text and sent to you via email or text message.
Call Recording lets you capture depositions and important discussions for later playback or transcription. The Norstar Unified Communication solution enables law firms to conduct business from anywhere and with anyone seamlessly, and to increase efficiency and productivity company wide.
Keep your attorneys and research staff always in touch with each other, without expensive IT integration. Thanks to the Norstar Communicator and our Norstar Unified Communication service, bringing secure Instant Messaging to the law practice is easy and doesn’t require any costly integration with 3rd party applications.
Use our call history to track calls and conversations with clients to ensure you and your team are properly billing.
Ensure business continuity, Norstar’s hosted PBX service is immune to fire, flood, electrical or network outages at office locations.
- Auto-Attendant & IVR
- Business Continuity
- Call Recording
- Advanced Features
- Voicemail to Email
- Contact Center
- Virtual Desktops
VIDEO CONFERENCING BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER IN REAL TIME
Norstar Cloud provides full video communication from our Video Phones, Video on the Desktop and Video on your mobile devices. Video calling is a default standard on the Norstar Cloud platform and it even supports Video Voicemail. Send and receive messages tagged with patient data and care team information. Seamlessly access calling and secure texting from within Norstar mobile apps. And much more.
- Use your business phone number from your cell phone.
- Send and receive business SMS
- Use internal instant messaging
- View personal presence
- Access voicemail
- Check call logs
Norstar delivers the most cost-effective, reliable, feature-filled business communications solution.
- Unlimited calling US, Canada & Puerto Rico.
- A plan for every budget. Hosted Voice customers typically save 30% to 50% compared to traditional phone systems.
Norstar Desktop is a powerful collaboration tool that combines all of your business communications in to a simple and easy to use application. Norstar Desktop provides:
- Mobility App
- Voicemail to Email
- Simultaneous Ring
- Integration with your CRM
- Unified Communication
- Music on hold
- Call Analytics
- Auto attendant
- Speech-to-Text Voicemail
- Audio & Video Recording
- Desktop/Screen Sharing
- Built-in business continuity
- Receptionist console
- Find me/ Follow me
- 99.999% Service reliability
Video Conferencing for online meetings
Automatic call recording
Consolidate Voice & Data with Business Class SIP Trunking.
Improve Billing Accuracy
Lawyers sell their expertise, which means that they need to ensure that all of the time they spend communicating with a client is billed accordingly. Norstar hosted PBX phone system automatically tracks all client communication details, including call start, end, duration, length, incoming number and more.
As a firm grows in size and scope, a digital document management system is a requirement. The right solution will safely and securely store documents, photos, recordings, and other items in a central repository.
Use Norstar Colocation Facilities to Keep Your Client Files Safe & Secure.
We manage, maintain and support your network, servers, desktops and applications. We’ll take care of hardware and software upgrades, security updates, disaster recovery, backups, and anything associated with managing a law firm’s information technology.
- Workstation optimization with complete anti-virus and firewall package.
- Server hosting and management.
Business grade backup, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions. Our business continuity planning is crucial to law firms; we ensure all of your data, documents, contacts and applications are backed up so that hardware issues, data breaches, or other IT issues don’t lead to downtime. No matter what disaster hits, you’ll have everything you need to continue working on your cases.
- High-speed connections for staff, attorneys, and clients.
- Secure, private networks for attorneys, legal aids, and office staff.
- Separate guest WiFi for waiting rooms and office space.
Norstar’s Gigabit Fiber Internet provides the strongest bandwidth solution for your business. This network can handle the massive amount of data flow from corporate to satellite offices without congestion or lag.
- Secure, compliant data center colocation to run your servers.
- Norstar offers the highest quality protection for your data and information in our secure, redundant and geographically diverse data centers.
Finding the right method for document management requires knowledge of the applications and an understanding of your business requirements. Norstar will find you the right solution so that you can do more.
Cloud Computing Services
Today’s technology enables legal firms to improve workflow, information access and communication, making your legal business more efficient, effective, and secure.