UCaaS Business Features
VoIP Features That Empower Your Business
Business Features – Increase personal and team efficiency
- Alternate Numbers – Use up to ten alternate phone numbers in addition to your main phone number. Assign one of four distinctive ring patterns for each alternate number. Each distinctive ring pattern has a distinctive call waiting tone.
- Anonymous Call Rejection – Reject calls from anonymous parties. The user’s phone does not ring and there is no indication of the attempted call. Callers are notified that the called party is not accepting calls from restricted callers.
- Busy Lamp Field – Plays the role of an attendant console on the phone of a user monitoring several lines on their phone. Typical application is for a receptionist.
- Call Logs & Call Detail Records – Displays records of the user’s most recent incoming, missed, and outgoing calls and allows the user to click-to-dial any number on the logs.
- Call Notify – When enabled, a user can define criteria for certain incoming calls to trigger an email notification to a user-specified address.
- Call Park – Hold a call and retrieve it from another station within a group.
- Call Pick Up – Enables a defined user to answer any ringing line within their pick-up group.
- Call Return – Call the last party that called you.
- Call Transfer – Transfer a call to a specific destination. The transfer can be blind, with third-party consultation or with three-way consultation.
- Call Waiting – Answer a call while already engaged in another call.
- Calling Line ID/Blocking – Outgoing number and name can be revealed or blocked by the user.
- Calling Party Category – Associate and identify a category with a calling party number, for example, Payphone, Hotel, or Hospital.
- Consultation Hold – Put a caller on hold, call a third party, hang up, and resume the conversation with the caller.
- Customer Originated Trace – Trace the last incoming call received by dialing a feature access code after the call or mid-call.
- Directed Call Pick-up with Barge-In – Answer (with permission) or barge-in on a call directed to another phone in the user’s group.
- Distinctive Alert/Ringing – Set a distinct ring or call-waiting alert for calls that meet specific criteria.
- Diversion Inhibitor – Prevents a transferred call from being redirected by the transferred-to party.
- Do Not Disturb – Set status to unavailable; all incoming calls are treated as if the user is busy.
- Extension Dialing – Call co-workers within the company, regardless of location, using only a 2- to 6-digit extension.
- Fax Messaging – Incoming Fax messages use the employee number and are filed alongside voicemail.
- Hoteling – A user can associate their service profile with devices other than their own.
- Line Status Monitoring – Enables a user—for example, a receptionist—to monitor a set of users within a business group by graphically displaying each user’s status (busy, idle, do not disturb) and detailed call information. Part of Receptionist Seat.
- Message Call Back – Respond to voice messages and faxes by calling the caller/sender directly from the system, removing the inconvenience of searching for and dialing numbers.
- Message Waiting Indicator – A stutter tone and a visual indicator signal the receipt of a new voicemail message or fax.
- Priority Alert – Define criteria to have certain incoming calls trigger distinctive alerting.
- Push to Talk – Point-to-point intercom functionality between two phones in the same group.
- Secure Voice – Customer has the option to deploy voice devices with SRTP and SIPS to provide encryption for voice traffic.
- Selective Call Acceptance – Accept only calls that meet user configurable criteria based on time of day, calling number, etc.
- Selective Call Rejection – Block calls that meet user configurable criteria based on time of day, calling number, etc.
- Speed Dial 100 – Associate codes to frequently-dialed or hard-to-remember long strings of digits. Users can then use these codes instead of the full numbers to place calls.
- Voice Messaging – Customize personal greetings. Users can listen to, forward, delete, and save each received voice message. During playback, users can fast forward, skip, rewind, or pause messages.
- “0” Out Voicemail Option – Enables callers to exit voicemail by pressing “0”, and be redirected to an operator or other specified phone number.
- Mobility Features – Take your business phone anywhere
- Advanced Call Forwarding – Define your own call forwarding rules. You can forward all of your calls to another destination, or just forward calls when your line’s busy, or when you don’t answer. Or, you can define criteria for certain incoming calls to be redirected to specified destinations.
- Find Me/Follow Me – A combination of Simultaneous and Sequential Ring, it allows users to define how incoming calls are routed or forwarded to individuals or groups of inbound callers, ensuring that you receive important calls whether you’re at your desk, on the road, or anywhere else.
- Norstar Anywhere – Get one-number calling from any device. Your calls appear to originate from your VoIP number and all of your calls are routed through your Hosted Voice interface. Make or take calls using your desk phone, conference room phone, computer softphone client, or smartphone. Move a call from one device to another without disconnecting the call.
- Sequential Ring – Avoid missed calls by having up to five phone numbers ring in a specified sequence when incoming calls meet specific criteria.
- Simultaneous Ring – Handle incoming calls more efficiently. Incoming calls ring up to ten phone numbers or extensions at the same time.
- Teleworker Solution – Enables a remote location to use an IP phone without the aid of a dedicated voice gateway or Norstar connectivity. One phone per remote location.
- Voice Communications Toolbar – Make and receive telephone calls and manage your most used calling features from within Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Voice Manager (Mobile & Desktop) – A simple-to-use Web application allows users to make and receive phone calls, change routing, and turn features on or off as needed, with a single click. You can access on your smartphone or PC.
- Collaboration Features – Unite and conquer
- Audio Conferencing – Host audio conferences using simple, intuitive desktop and mobile clients. Each user gets a conference code and leader PIN number for on-demand audio conferencing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- N-Way Calling – Add up to 13 participants to an active call.
- Visual Voicemail – View, play and read your voicemail and fax messages directly in your inbox. Combines Voicemail to Email which allows you to receive voicemails and faxes as email attachments and Voicemail Transcription which sends your voicemails transcribed as emails to your inbox. Faxes are included as PDF attachments.
- System & Admin Features – Far simpler than traditional phone systems
- Management Portal – Administrators have control of all users across all office locations. No need to tie up your IT department or keep telephony specialists on staff. Administrators can chat with support; manage support tickets; port phone numbers from your previous provider; order new services and phones; access calling records; and pay your bill.
- Account Codes – Assign certain calls to specified accounts for tracking purposes.
- Receptionist – Give callers a personal, human touch every time they call. Enables a telephone attendant or receptionist to monitor phone status for selected employee phones and efficiently manage incoming calls. View the Fact Sheet.
- Company Directory – List of company contacts directory (available on Polycom phones).
- E911 service – Local emergency operator assistance.
- Music/Message on Hold – Play music or a recorded message when the call is on hold or parked.
- Shared Call Appearance – Allows users to configure a second device for making and receiving calls with their account when they are away from their desks.
- Add-On Features – Optional value-added features to enhance your Business VoIP service
- Additional Voice Mailboxes – This independent voicemail package with a dedicated phone number can be used by one or many employees to check and receive voicemail messages in the office or on the road. The same mailbox also supports Fax messages for no additional charge.
- Auto Attendant/Enhanced Auto Attendant – Automated receptionist that provides a personalized message to callers with options for connecting to the operator, dialing by name or extensions, or connecting up to six configurable extensions. Additionally, Auto Attendant may be configured to provide separate business and after-hours greetings. Enhanced Auto Attendant provides all the features of Auto Attendant, plus a holiday routing option and the ability to transfer to submenus.
- Call Center – A complete, feature-rich Call Center Solution that offers automated, intelligent call distribution. It’s ideal wherever you need to manage heavy call volume including sales, customer support, and IT support.
- Call Recording – Record all inbound and outbound calls for one or more employees. The call recording feature improves call center management, customer service and training, while also helping businesses meet compliance regulations and reduce potential liabilities.
- CRM App Integration – Integrate business voice features with the applications you use every day, in a matter of minutes. Norstar Hosted Voice customers can unlock click-to-dial capabilities, automatic call logging, caller-info screen pops and advanced call analytics within 25 CRM or helpdesk applications including Salesforce and Zendesk. Learn about voice integration.
- Forwarding Numbers – Use as a basic dedicated forwarding service or as a market expansion line so that your business can enjoy a local appearance anywhere in the country.
- Growth Reserved Numbers – Prepare for growth by setting aside local numbers for new employees or hunt groups.
- Hunt Groups – Automatically distribute incoming calls to two or more extensions. Extensions may be dialed simultaneously or sequentially, and include options for simultaneous ringing and weighted distribution.
- Instant Group Call – Instantly set up a conference bridge for up to 20 telephone numbers. Especially useful for an emergency or for recurring team meetings.
- Toll-Free Numbers – Make it even easier for customers to contact you. Set incoming calls to ring to your auto-attendant, hunt group, call center, or any other extension you feel would benefit your business and your customers.
- Unified Communications – Transforms any of your devices into your business phone, with the added convenience of real-time collaboration and conferencing tools. Improve productivity and mobility with features like video calling, SMS texting, instant messaging, presence, and online conferencing (including desktop sharing and guest access via web browser), integrated into a single application. Go to Unified Communications
- Skype® for Business Integration – Enjoy the convenience of phone calling from Skype for Business using your Norstar voice service. Get Norstar’s award winning Hosted Voice phone system integrated into Skype for Business. More than 50 business-class calling features help everyone get even more done. This all-in-one phone and unified communications solution extends the value of your Skype for Business / Microsoft® Lync deployment or Microsoft Office 365™ subscription, and works interchangeably with your Norstar desk phone. Go to Norstar Voice Skype for Business Integration
- Vanity Telephone Numbers – Gain mindshare with your customers with an easy to remember number like 1-800-FLOWERS.
Voice Mail to Email
Recieved a file audio on your inbox for each message in your voice mail.
Norstar One Mobile App
Don’t lose any call to your phone: transfer all the calls to your mobile!
Fax to Email
Recieve all your inbound as attached file to your email.
- Service and Support are Included
- Removes the Need for Expensive Hardware Purchases and Maintenance Contracts
- Reduce Overall Cost and Improve Technology
- Prioritize Network Traffic for Greater Reliability and Efficiency
- 24/7/365 Fully Monitored and Managed Service
- Built in Disaster Recovery
- No Planned Obsolescense
- Scalability – Add/Remove Users as Needs Dictate
- Single Point of Contact
- Predictable and Consistent Monthly Expenditures
- Private MPLS Network That Ensures Reliability and Security
|Norstar UC Options
|Call Control (Hold, Transfer, Conference)
|Mobility (Single-number Reach)
|Desktop Platform Availability
|Mobile Platform Availability
- Unlimited Local & Domestic Long Distance- Free Calls locally and to the U.S, Canada & Puerto Rico Yes!
- Extension Dialing – using a 2-6 digit extension users can call coworkers within their company regardless of location Yes!
- Sequential Ring- Multiple extensions can ring in a specific sequence when receiving incoming calls Yes!
- Hunt Groups – Allows distribution of incoming calls to two or more extensions Yes!
- Voicemail as Email – Receive voicemails as attachments in email with caller name and number in subject line Yes!
- Fax to email – Receive facsimiles to your email as an attachment Yes!
- Auto Attendant – Allows incoming callers to self-direct to the appropriate party or group Yes!
- Day/Night/Holiday Schedule – Enables administrator to set greeting & call flow during and after business hours Yes!
- Audio Conferencing – Provides platform for audio conferencing Yes!
- Web Portal Management – A web tool allowing employees and management to facilitate a variety of phone functions via the web Yes!
- Incoming & outbound calls can be forwarded through you desktop phone to your mobile phone so you stay connected. Yes!
- Send and receive instant messages from coworkers Yes!
- Sync contacts, voicemails and call logs to your mobile app Yes!